Thursday, January 1, 2009

On the Road again


Jan 1st. Here is a photo of the family. After a hectic Christmas season - spent with many, many friends giving and receiving love and friendship - we are getting ready to hit the road again.

We are visiting India to check the CTR projects in Kolkata, Bangalore and Chennai and also to see relatives and friends. The last time we visited India in 2006 I blogged our trip. This time we are going via London and then after India, we are going on to Singapore, Cambodia, China and HongKong. We have to pack in the next few days and this is a daunting thought - so many climate changes and presents for so many friends. We also have to set our affaris in order as we will be away for 12 weeks. I need to get into a Pooh frame of mind - detached calm, curious and just being. I encourage all to buy and read 'The Tao of Pooh' by Benjamin Hoff. I need to go back to it myself and savor the feeling of inner quietness it bestows on its disciples . So for the next week, while I am tearing around covering numerous household affaris for three month absence - travel final schedules, mail, TV, bills, newspapers etc - to survive, I must start to practice Poohcraft again

I hope you will enjoy our journey (as many of you did before). I see things from a different perspective. If Pooh prevais I will not whine too much!

Will post again before we leave - Jan 8th

Blair

1 comment:

  1. Hi Blair,

    A very Happy and Healthy 2009. We are looking forward to your visit to Singapore. I will call you 01-06-09.

    Regards,
    Ritu

    ReplyDelete